NATURAL RESOURCE ECONOMICS AND MANAGEMENT
Date: 13 July to 11 August 2023 Time: 8am to 4pm daily
Venue: The National Research Institute, Waigani Campus, Waigani Drive, Port Moresby
About Natural Resource Economics and Management
The Papua New Guinea National Research Institute (PNGNRI) Advanced Certificate in Natural Resource Economics and Management (NREM) is four weeks intensive course. It has been developed for people who are interested in enriching their knowledge and understanding of policies and mechanisms that can be used to enhance effectiveness and sustainability in the management of natural resources.
The NREM course program consists of the following modules:
- Economics concepts applied to natural resources.
- Management of renewable resources such as forestry, agriculture and fishery.
- Management of non-renewable resources such as minerals, petroleum and natural gas.
- Valuation of natural resources.
- Sustainable development and resource use conflicts.
The NREM course will be taught primarily by PNGNRI researchers that have vast experience in both teaching and policies associated with natural resources.
Who should attend?
- Policy analysts, consultants and researchers; or
- Administrators, managers and bureaucrats; or
- Graduates who have interest in research on problems associated with natural resources.
Bachelor’s degree or Diploma or equivalent in any of the social sciences or natural sciences disciplines/subjects. Applicant should have interest in the management of natural resources.
The tuition fee is K4,000.00, payable prior to enrolment on 13 July 2023.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit a brief Expression of Interest letter in the course; a Curriculum Vitae, which should include contact details of two referees; and certified copies of academic qualifications and transcripts on or before 23 June 2023.
Please, include K50.00 non-refundable application processing fee.
The Tuition Fee and the non-refundable application processing fee are payable by: (1) direct deposit into the Institute’s bank account (Account Name: National Research Institute, Bank: Bank South Pacific, Branch: Boroko, Account Number: 1000490598); or (2) bank cheque payable to the National Research Institute; or (3) EFTPOS facility, which is available at the PNG NRI oﬃce.
Application Submission Method
Dr Osborne Sanida - PNGNRI Director